Monday, January 10, 2011

Card Positioning Systems #200

Happy Monday morning!  Hope everyone had a great weekend!  I can't believe we are expecting snow/ice again here in NC! It's already been a cold winter and it's only January.  I hope it doesn't turn out to be as bad as they say.
On to my card.  I made this card for two challenges - this week's sketch challenge on the Card Positioning Systems blog (CPS #200) and one of the January Release Party Challenges on the StampTV blog (GKDJAN11MW) which was to use exactly one new thing on our card.

Here is the CPS sketch:


Here is my card:


My one new item was the beautiful new patterned paper from Graphic 45 called Once Upon a Springtime which I just got over the holidays but hadn't used yet.  I stamped the flowers from the Gina K. Designs set, Bud and Vases (illustrated by Melanie Muenchinger) twice with Memento Rich Cocoa onto GKD Pure Luxury Layering Weight Ivory and colored them with Copic markers.  I added a little sparkle to the flower centers with a Spica glitter pen.  I popped up the flowers on foam tape to create my focal image.  I finished my card with a double-loop bow made from wrinkled silk ribbon using my Bow Easy.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. So very pretty Carla, the dp is lovely with these stamps and nice job on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is just beautiful. Love the way you used the different patterned papers and the stamped image is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very elegant and pretty! I love the flowers!! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how pretty! Love the colors and how you have matted each element!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla