Monday, January 31, 2011

Cards For A Few Challenges

Good evening! I hope you had a great weekend!  The weather here was fantastic - it was over 60 yesterday and the sun was actually shining!  But today, we are back to winter.  Cold and damp and drizzly!  I guess I can't complain, though, considering the winter weather some of you are dealing with!

On to my cards... My first card was made for this week's Queen For The Day Challenge (#45) over on Splitcoast Stampers.  We are CASEing Heather (Isaiah40:31) this week.  Here is the card of Heather's I chose to CASE.  I chose to use the color's from this week's Color Spotlight Challenge #10 on StampTV for my card. 

Here are the colors Gina gave us to work with:


Here is the card I made for both challenges:


I stamped the poppies from the Gina K. Designs set, Hugs and Prayers (by Nina Brackett) on GKD Layering Weight White with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copic markers.  The sentiment is from Nina's GKD set, Fanciful Tags.  The border is punched with the Martha Stewart Modern Garland Edge Punch.  A few rhinestones finished my CAS card.

My second card was also for two challenges:  this week's Sketch Challenge on Paper Craft Planet (sk012911) and the Featured Stamper Challenge on Splitcoast (FS208). This week's Featured Stamper was Sue (Tillymint).  Here is the link to Sue's card that I chose to CASE.

Here is the PCP sketch:


Here is my card for both challenges:


My card is 5 1/2 " square.  My base card is GKD Green Apple.  My patterned papers are the Webster's Pages Hollywood Vogue/WonderFALL Petite Papers pack.  I used some trim from Webster's Hollywood Designer Trim pack and I created a rosette from Webster's Vintage Inspired Netting.  I airbrushed a cluster of white Primas with Copics  My sentiment is from the Gina K. Designs set, Inside & Out.  It's stamped with SU Kiwi Kiss onto GKD Layering Weight Ivory.  The sentiment panel was cut out with Spellbinders Petite Oval Nestabilities.

Thanks for stopping by!  See you soon!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I love the white on white of your first card Carla.. Very striking. The second one is such pretty paper. I need a trip to Betty's to get some paper. Hope the sun shines soon. This weather is the pits. This weekend was gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla both cards are beautiful, the second one is just breath taking!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both such beautiful cards Carla!
    I love the red over black on the first....so striking and the second is just plain pretty! Those sweet flowers and the tule ..... perfect! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla