Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Joan's Gardens Card Challenge #18

This is my second post today.  My Heartfelt Creations Wednesday post is here

I am back to share the card I made for Joan's Gardens Card Challenge #18.  This week, the requirements were to make a monochromatic card and to use an embossed background, flowers, a flourish and butterflies.  I used this week's Sketch Challenge (SC0518) on The Outlawz site for my layout. 

Here is the sketch:


Here is my card:



I started with a card base of Cryogen White Iridescent and layered with monochromatic patterned paper from the Basic Grey Porcelain collection.  On a separate piece of Cryogen White, I embossed the flourish frame using the Dreamweavers Nouveau Oval (LG604) Embossing Stencil.  I masked the outer frame and airbrushed the oval with my Copic Airbrush System.  The image from Heartfelt Creations HCPC 3394 Classic Bella Rose set was stamped with Memento Bamboo Leaves and highlighted with Copic markers.  The butterflies were punched from the same DP using Martha Stewart punches.  I added adhesive pearls to the four corners and to the butterfly bodies.  I finished my card with a pretty Prima rose.

Thanks for dropping in again!  Enjoy the rest of your day!
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! The colors are amaaaazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Carla this card is so beautiful!! Love the colors and the way it also pops on the butterflies! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely and pretty card!! Beautiful colors!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla this is absolutely breath taking!!!! Beyond gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Carla - this has got to be one of the most gorgeous cards I have seen! It takes my breath away!
    Hugs,
    marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is just beautiful Carla!!! I love how you airbrushed the oval! Great job with the monochromatic challenge!!! It's totally rockin!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla