Monday, July 4, 2011

Card For a Couple of Challenges

Good afternoon! Happy 4th of July to those who are celebrating the holiday!  I hope that you had a wonderful weekend no matter what you were doing!  It's been super busy for me so I'm dropping in quickly to share a card I made for a couple of my favorite challenges.  I haven't been able to play much lately because of my huge computer issues and life, in general, taking precedence over card-making, but I managed to find a little time this afternoon and decided to play.

My card is for this week's Mo's DP challenge #89, where our hostess, Lisa, challenged us to make a card based on a book or a story.  My card is also for this week's Just Us Girls challenge (JUGS91) which was a sketch challenge from Kathryn. 

Here is the JUGS sketch:


Here is my card for both challenges:


I started with a card base of Papertrey Aqua Mist and layered with patterned papers from the My Mind's Eye Stella Rose Hazel 6x6 pad.  My image is Prince Edward Island from Mo's Digital Pencil. This cute image is reminiscent of Anne of Green Gables with her carpet bag.  That was my story inspiration.  She's colored with Copic markers, of course.  I used Liquid Pearls to accent the Spellbinders Scallop Circle frame. A satin bow, some buttons and a crocheted flower finished my card.

Thanks for stopping by!  I so appreciate when you do!  Have a great evening!
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Oh Carla, this is MAGNIFICENT!!! WOW! Your coloring is AMAZING!!! Gorgeous work! Thanks for playing along with JUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla this is so sweet. Loved this story. Your colors are so soft and pretty. I am finally getting caught up and will email you tomorrow. My visitors are gone and I finished up 2 busy weeks at work...hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is darling! Love the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card ...such beautiful colors and papers. And great embellies!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! I love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carla!
    THis is so gorgeous! Any girl would love to be the recipient of this. :-) Thanks so much for playing with us at Mo’s this week.
    Hugs,
    Dorcas

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow i like this interesting blog so cool thanks for posting and i will share this to my friends..keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Carla! Your card is pure delight sweetie! You've chosen such pretty colors and a beautiful image! Just love it!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Mo's this week!
    Hugs, Iulia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is so pretty! I love the colors you've used and the lovely embellishments. Glad you shared it with us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a soft looking card Carla! Love the colors and the crocheted flower and ribbon embellishments are just perfect!

    Thanks so much for getting sketchy with Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hellooooooooooooooo, my dear! Fancy meeting you here! {LOL!} LOOK at your amazing color work and EXCELLENT use of the lovely JUGS composition! I'm THRILLED and delighted that you've shared your divine talent with Just Us Girls! {I'll see you around the NEIGHBORHOOD! heh heh} You ROCKED this sketch, lovely one! xoxoxo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla