Thursday, August 18, 2011

Just Us Girls Challenge #97 - Altered Notebook

Hi, again!  It's my second post today - a miracle for me these days - but I wanted to share a project I made for this week's Just Us Girls Challenge.  If you are looking for my GD card for Mo's DP2 Challenge, click here.

This week's JUGS challenge was to alter a notebook of any kind.


Here is my project for the challenge:


My project was also shared this week on the Heartfelt Creations blog.  Additional details for creating this altered notebook can be found there.  Briefly, I used a tutorial for making a journal and pen set that I found on StampTV.  All the dimensions and instructions for the assembly can be found in that tutorial.  I used GKD Fresh Asparagus for the base cardstock and patterned paper from the Once Upon A Springtime collection for the layers.  I stamped the HCPC 3413 Basketweave Background onto Cryogen White with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored it with Copic markers.  I stamped some roses from the HCPC 3394 Classic Bella Rose set and also colored them with Copics.  I cut them out with HCD 712 Bella Rose Die and popped them up through the hole in the basketweave. Some satin ribbon accents finished my notebook.

Thanks for dropping by again!  I really appreciate your visits!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Lovely notebook Carla! I love what you did. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Carla, loving your colors a choice of patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla