Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wednesday at Heartfelt Creations

Good morning!  It's Wednesday and of course, you know that means it's time for the Heartfelt Creations Design Team to share new creations with you.  You certainly won't want to miss the beautiful and inspirational projects my teammates have shared on the Heartfelt Creations blog today!  All I can say is WOW!  There is also a sneak peek of the October release.  The new collection is absolutely gorgeous! 

Here is one on my projects that was shared today:


All of the instructions for making this card are on the Heartfelt Creations blog.  Briefly I started with an A6 card base of SU Basic Black and layered with patterned papers from the Basic Grey Jovial collection.  I stamped the large ornament from HCPC 3417 Poinsettia Ornament 2 with Versamark and Bermuda Bay onto Cryogen White Iridescent and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I cut out the ornament with the Spellbinders Heirloom Ornament 2011 die and spritzed it with Caribbean Blue Glimmer Mist.  I stamped the same ornament three more times onto Cryogen White and colored two of the poinsettias with red Copic markers and one with green Copics to use as leaves.   I cut out the poinsettias and leaves with scissors.  The flowers were spritzed with Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist and the leaves with Honeydew Glimmer Mist.  They were shaped the layered with Pop Dots and foam tape onto the ornament as shown.  A double-loop bow of red satin and a few adhesive gems finished my card.

My card is also for the October Sketch For You To Try (SFYTT) on Jen Del Muro's blog. 

Here is the sketch for October:


Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a wonderful day!
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. This is another beautiful card Carla! Love the dsp you used too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh what a fabbie card! LOVE the colors, the beautiful blue ornament makes the red poinsettia pop. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Carla, I love how you used the blue with the fab Christmas DP!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bright, happy colors! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Carla! LOVE the poinsettia and the fab paper!xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carla, this is just so beautiful. I love those pretty papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carla, this is so beautiful. Love the colors you used, so bright and happy colors. Love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beauty..love the aqua behind the ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Carla, what a greate take on the sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Carla!! Love the ornament in aqua, it really pops!! Great take on the sketch and beautiful use of colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carla, love the papers you have chosen to use on this..so pretty with the ornament. I really like this sketch and may just have to give it a try. Thanks for the link.
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla