Saturday, March 24, 2012

Guest Designer - Our Creative Corner Challenge

Good morning!  Hope your weekend is off to a great start!  Mine is off to an early start - well, really, I hope I am still sleeping when this posts!  I am so excited because I was invited to be Guest Designer at Our Creative Corner this week!  Anita is the hostess and the theme is "spring break vacation destination".  Here is what Anita had to say about the challenge: "Spring has sprung yet again!  It's time to take that annual well-deserved vacation.  Where would your postcard come from?  Make whatever you like and show us your "spring break vacation destination".  What a fun challenge!


Here is my card for the challenge:


Obviously, I chose Paris as my destination.  I'd love to be vacationing in a quaint B&B near the Eiffel Tower! I started with a card base of SU Bordering Blue and layered with patterned paper from the Prima Le Romantique 8x8 pad.  For my Paris scene, I merged three digi images: French Cottage and Eiffel Tower Digi Stamps from Make it Crafty and Sophia from Little Miss Muffet Stamps. They were all part of the special Paris release from Three Companies Team Up. I printed the merged image on Cryogen White and colored the scene with Copic markers.  I added some Glossy Accents to the windows and a bit of Summer Flower Soft to the foliage for a spot of color.  A diecut from Spellbinders Parisian Accents and a double-loop satin bow finished off my vacation "postcard".  

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Our Creative Corner Challenge blog and check out the gorgeous creations from the amazingly-talented DT!  I'm sure they would love it you played along!

Have a great weekend and hope to see you soon!
Photobucket

25 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so gorgeous! I love everything about it! You have totally out done yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, Spectacular card. Even your background paper has a french flair to it. Wonderful images, fabulous coloring. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla, this is an amazing scene you've created! Your coloring is perfect!
    *Put this in the challenge at LMMS!*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ... what a stunner of a card Carla ... I love the 3D elements you have here, not to mention your superb colouring ... the eiffel tower in the back is ingenious .... love this card in every way!
    Thank you so much for sharing with us as Guest Designer at Our Creative Corner this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is gorgeous and I want to go with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning card! I just love all the detail! and thank you for being a guest designer! I hope your weekend is wonderful! hugs, sharon w.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Carla, what a gorgeous card. Love how you color the lovely image. Thanks for being a guest designer and sharing at OCC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous Carla, I would love to be at that cozy B&B!!! Your coloring is spectacular, thanks so much for being a guest designer with us this week on the OCC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Carla and boy did you out do yourself with this card it is really beautiful!!!! Congrats on being a guest designer! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooo pack me in your suitcase. I wanna go too! LOL You've created a great little scene with all those stamps Carla. Congrats on your guest spot at OCC! hugs! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your guest spot! That is wonderful! I LOVE the scene you created and how you colored it. Wonderful card.
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carla - your card makes me want to fly to France right now! Look at all the inspiration here! I can't believe these are digi images, they are gorgeous! Congrats on a PERFECT inspiration card at OCC! Hugs, Marcy ooo - I just signed up to follow your beautiful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card Carla. The colouring is just so beautiful and top marks for tying such a wonderful bow. I'd love to tie a bow like that. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So happy you joined us Carla!!! Your card is so pretty! I love the tower behind the quaint cottage...what a view that would be! Your coloration is impeccable! Gorgeous bow as well! Thanks so much for guest designing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Carla. Love the cottage with the pretty vines. My SIL is from France and goes back every summer. What a fabulous view if you were staying there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning job Carla! Love your cabin with the tower in the background was a great idea. Your bow is wonderful a beautiflly done card.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card sweetie love the image, fabulous colouring. Hope you have a lovely weekend hun.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Carla
    Your little cottage is something one does not associate with Paris, but those who have been there know they exist, so thank you for reminding us about that, secondly you have designed this card wonderfully, two very different aspects of this romantic city on one card... Your little girl leading her dog is an engaging addition, and brings you right into the card.
    Thank you so very much for making such a beautiful card as our GD you have done us proud.
    Smiles:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Carla. What a great idea to combine some images together for a great scene in Paris. Thanks for joining us as a guest designer at Our Creative Corner this week. I hope it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous scene with wonderful coloring.

    Enjoy your guest design gig!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, Carla, this is an amazing work of art! It is gorgeous. Very cute scene and your coloring is spectacular. You totally rocked the spring break challenge. Thanks so much for being our guest designer. You always do us proud!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a wonderful scene - I have a weak spot for cottages. I have always wanted to live in a cottage tucked back in the Lake Country of England. Of course I could not see the Eiffel tower from my house!!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a darling scene and awesome coloring, your merging of all the images is really neat, Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Carla, I would love to accompany you on that vacation destination. :-) Sounds like fun and your cottage in so adorable. I like the Glossy Accents on your windows. Congrat on the GDT position. As always, a super card!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So beautiful, Carla! I want to go. Now! :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla