Saturday, March 9, 2013

Kick Up Your Heels

Good morning!  Happy Saturday!  Hope your weekend is off to a great start!  It's looking to be a beautiful weekend here, sunny and close to 70.  Can't beat that after all the rainy days we've had!  Before I head out for the day, I'm here with a quick post to share the card I made for Mayzy Art Challenge #12, where the theme is "stars".  I decided to have a little fun with this one!

Here is my card:


My card base is SU Blue Bayou and the piece of patterned paper in the center is from the Authentique Celebrate 6x6 pad.  The red Happy Birthday frame was cut with my Cameo using a cut file from Krewella Kreations.  The large star in the center also uses a cut file from Krewella Kreations.  You can find both on Leza's blog here.   My fun image is Digi Dancer: Break Dance from Mayzy Art.  I printed it on Make it Colour Blending Card and colored it with my Copics. I cut it out with my Cameo and popped it up over the star with foam tape.  There is a bit of Red Stickles on her belt, and shoes, but it's kind of hard to see in the photo.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  A few stars punched from red, blue and dark grey glitter paper finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the image:



Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful weekend and see you soon!
Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. Awesome card Carla, what a fab design!!! Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! Love the Happy Birthday cuts on around the edge. What perfect paper for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a super fantastic card. I love everything especially the happy birthday frame. Beautiful coloring on the break dancer and great design on the card. I love this Carla.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card Carla. I love the border and all the stars highlight that beautifully colored image. Great take on the theme. Thanks for joining us at MayzyArt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cuts, awesome colors, and a super fun image Carla. Makes for a smashing card! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what an amazing job on the colouring and I absolutely love the image Carla, great job and thanks for your kind words, they meant a lot to me.
    Thanks and see you again soon,
    Andy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! Carla this is simply fantastic! I love the Happy Birthday border and your colouring is amazing on this one girl!!!
    WOW !!!
    :)S

    ReplyDelete
  8. This really is a fun card, Carla. Looks so fun to color and you did it so well.
    I was a bit disappointed about our weather yesterday. We were in Huntsville all day and the sun hardly came out all day. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute image and darling card, Carla. I love the color combo and fab papers.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so fabulous Carla!! Love that very cute image and such great colouring and shading and the frame is such a lovely touch - the red really sets it off :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carla, WOW!~!! I love this card and everything about it. Your coloring is just stunning and the layout and the embellishments are awesome. Fantastic image!!!
    Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, you certainly did have some fun, didn't you? Love the design, all of your Cameo cuts, your cute image, fab coloring, and great color scheme! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it its soooo Fun
    thank you for Joining us at
    MayzyArt
    Erin
    http://elfiessparkleanddust.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks like me falling and breaking my hip - oh no what a bad fall. Now how can that be fun?? Your card is fanciful and happy - well done for a whipper snapper!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is absolutely cute and fun card. Love the design and lay-out your coloring of the image. Thanks for joining us at MayzyArt. God bless, always!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a seriously fun card!

    Great image, great coloring, and great design!

    ReplyDelete
  17. amazing how you made something so simple look so great ... I adore the colours :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla