Friday, July 26, 2013

Hear The Angel Voices

Hi again!  OK, don't faint, but I am actually back with a second post today!  Working on cards has been a nice distraction for me this week, so I managed to finish up another card before the weekend. It's for a few challenges I enjoy doing, but I don't always get my act together and complete them before the deadlines.  This time I did!

Here is another Christmas card:


My card base and mats are SU Pool Party and the patterned papers are again from the My Mind's Eye All Is Bright 6x6 pad.  The precious image is The Littlest Angel from the Elisabeth Bell Digital Collection.  I printed it on MiC Blending Card and colored it with my Copics.  I added lots of pearl accents with my Viva Decor Ice White Pearl Pen.  I also added Golden Rod Stickles to the stars and the flame in the lamppost and Star Dust Stickles to the wings.  There is a little Glossy Accents on the lantern and on the holly berries.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  I used both a punch (Martha Stewart Modern Garland Edge Punch) and dies (Spellbinders Scallop and Classic Circle dies).  A sparkly 3-D poinsettia sticker finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the image:


Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you have a great weekend!

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Sweet Sketch Wednesday #216 (sketch)
Elisabeth Bell's World July/August Challenge (Christmas in July)
Elphine House Challenge #49 (Christmas in July)
Crafts and Me Challenge #139 (anything goes)
Papertake Weekly (die-ing for a punch)
Paper Crafting Journey (punches and/or dies)
Addicted to Stamps Challenge #60 (lots of layers)

Here is SSW-216:
Photobucket

27 comments:

  1. Oh Carla! This is such an adorable card! Love the image and beautiful layout you've created!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. very very pretty Carla!!! You should be proud of yourself.....Thanks for joining us at EBWorld again...always enjoy seeing your entries :)
    hugs and happiness

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Christmas card! The image is so sweet and just love how you've used the light blue.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it's beautiful, Carla. Precious image...love the sparkle on those wings and your poinsettia is a great finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another very cute creation :) Love the date in the top corner and an adorable image too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carla, this is gorgeous! Love all the pearl accents and the blue color. This stamp is precious. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is ador-a-ble! Love all the pearl accents. Thanks for getting sketchy with us this week over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.
    ~Jo, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carla your card is stunning....I love every little bit of it! the pearl accents are so fun too. thanks for joining us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. So gorgeous! Love the snow all around her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful! Beautiful soft colors but the classic Christmas ones too. Lovely card. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So adorable! Love your use of the Stickles and the Pearl Pen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carla,
    Always happy to see you join us, you cards are always such eye candy.
    Love how you used the pearls Thanks for joining us.
    Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a gorgeous Christmas card, Carla!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet card, Carla. Love your papers and adorable image.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Carla - you have combined a couple of very sweet images. What a very pretty Christmas card. As soon as I can, I need to get started on my Christmas makes.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Carla, this is another beautiful creation. I love the colors, so soft and pretty and love the darling image. Fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Carla, I've just returned from another 10 days away and am happy to see you've been crafting again. I have thought about you often and hope you are doing well with your uphill battle.

    The Christmas cards you've been making are all fantastic and I really like your recent saturated canary one.

    I am home now likely for the remainder of the summer, and seem to feel my markers calling my name.
    Fondly :)S

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Carla wow another wonderful creation from you. I love this sweet image and your pretty colours and wonderful design papers that worked perfectly together and so did your embellishments. Great card and thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super sweet card - adorable image and beautiful soft colours.
    Thanks for playing along at PTW this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous holiday creation! She is just as sweet as can be! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, cool Christmas card, Carla! (How do you like the alliteration?)
    Love the sweet image, great coloring, pretty design & really fab DP! Love your die cuts & take on the sketch, too! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  22. Carla this is another beautiful design, so angelic. And isn't her friend so cute sitting there on the cloud with her.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card Carla!! Love the sweet image and all your added sparkle!! Love your coloring too!!
    Always love to see your cards here at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!
    Blessings to you!!
    Sally SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful Carla...I love the image and your coloring is awesome...Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is beautiful Carla! Such softness to this - angelic! Love those pearl accents on the image. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
    Sharon, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  26. Another gorgeous card, Carla! This is one cute image and love how you have coloured it!
    Thanks for joining us at EBW this month and the EHA Challenge!
    Just left you a note on your DT call card....good luck!
    Hugs
    Lynne (EHA &EBW DT)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi sweetie this is just gorgeous I love the image you chose and the colours too, thank you for joining us at EBW this month, hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla