Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Elphine House Australia Challenge #51

Hi again!  I'm back, as promised, with a new card and some exciting news!  Elphine House Australia recently held a DT call and of course, I entered.  You know how I love Elisabeth Bell's beautiful stamps!  I am thrilled to share that I was selected as one of the new DT members!  I am still pinching myself to be sure it's true!  I am so delighted and honored to be working with this amazingly-talented group of designers and I hope you will enjoy my creations with the wonderful EHA stamps by Elisabeth Bell!

We have a new challenge for you today.  Did you see that the EHA challenges have changed to only once monthly?  The challenges will start at 9:00 AM on the third Wednesday of every month and run until 9:00 PM the Tuesday before the next challenge (Brisbane, Australia time).  The theme for Challenge #51 is "simply cute".  We want to see your cute creations with any Elisabeth Bell stamp.  Easy, peasy, since all Elisabeth's stamps are adorable!

Here is my first DT card:


My card base and mats are SU Bermuda Bay and the patterned papers are from the My Mind's Eye Collectable "Unforgettable" 6x6 pad.  The cute image is Carrie Princess: Three Wheeling from Elphine House Australia.  I stamped her on MiC Blending card and colored her with my Copics.  I added a cloudy sky, a path and some grass, also with my Copics.  Some Wild Orchid Crafts Cherry Blossoms and Sweetheart Blossoms and a few pink pearls from my stash finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the colored image:


Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Elphine House Australia blog and feast your eyes on the stunning creations from the rest of the DT!  We hope you will join us for the challenge!

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Sketch N Stash Challenge #121 (sketch)
Paper Crafting Journey (flowers)
Designed to Color Challenge #22 (anything goes)
Card Makin' Mamas #74 (for the kids)

Here is the sketch:

Have a wonderful day and see you soon!
Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. I'm not the least bit surprised Carla - your fabulous colouring and design skills make you the perfect choice for the DT!! Huge congrats to you and what a perfectly lovely card too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Carla! You color those Elizabeth Bell images so well that I'm not surprised you were chosen for the DT, I'm just shocked they didn't contact you to join automatically hehe. Another gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome colouring of that fab image...beautiful card...congrats on your new DT.
    Xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Carla!! So well deserved! Your coloring is always amazing, and so is your skill with sketches. Case in point, this card! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty scene Carla, so sweet, great to have you on the team with us
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous and adorable card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, I love your paper and coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply cute she is indeed! Congrats on your newest achievement, they done good over there at Elphine House Australia picking you!
    Gorgeous papers and design as always Carla!!!
    Cheers, :)S

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous sweetie I love the colours & I love the image. Big congrats on your new DT hun you really do deserve it shug.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Firstly, congrats on your new spot sweetie! I know how much you love these images! :) I look forward to seeing your work!
    LOVE the gorgeous details of your design with the flowers and colors here!! Such stunning coloring of the image as well!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just so pretty. Love the mix of design papers.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats Carla! I'm not surprised that they picked you. You are so talented and show how amazing your coloring is with each new card you put up on your blog. Love you design skills and all of your cards. This is another beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Carla, congratulations on your new DT! How exciting for you and great for them! :^) You always color her images so beautifully, as you did with this one! Your card is just gorgeous--love the take on the sketch, the embellies, and your pretty DP! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a fabulous card! love the DP and sweet image!
    Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Stash Challenge!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this is such a great card! Thank you for linking up with DTC!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations Carla. Great new DT spot...Your card is wonderful. I love it...Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous card such a pretty image and I love the papers.
    congrats on your DT position
    Thank you for joining in the fun with us at sketch n stash x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning card, beautiful colouring and details, congrats on your DT position. Thank you so much for joining us at PCJ for our Flowers challenge Karen P, Paper Crafting Journey DT http://stampinginpink.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla