Sunday, April 13, 2014

A Lot of Happy Birthday

Hi there!  Happy Sunday!  Hope you've had a nice weekend!  It was gorgeous here and I just got home a bit ago, so I'm just now getting a chance to share a card with you.  It is another inspiration post for my GD stint with the Make it Crafty Facebook group.   I have two "inspirations" for you.  One is for the MiC FB group monthly challenge, which for April is  to create a birthday card.  I am also showcasing the digi that is only $1 this month if you are a member of the Facebook group. Head on over there and join up if you haven't already and you will get a code that will get you the fun digi for just $1!  It doesn't get better than that and you get tons of MiC inspiration and fun chat to boot!
 
Here is my card:
 

My card base and mats are SU Bermuda Bay and the patterned papers are from the My Mind's Eye Kate & Co. Cambridge Court 6x6 pad.  The cute image is Lizzie With Gift from Make it Crafty.  I printed her on MiC Blending Card and colored her with my Copics.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  Some polka dot ribbon and a few leopard print gems from my stash finished my card.
 
Here is a close-up of the colored image:


Thanks for stopping by!  If you love Make it Crafty like I do, you'll definitely want to head over to the Make it Crafty Facebook page and check out the fabulous inspiration from the amazing DT!  There's always a fun challenge every month and a $1 digi, too!  Don't miss out!

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Seize the Birthday Challenge (birthday theme with optional topping of white on white)
Time Out Challenge #3 (birthday with option to make it masculine)

Enjoy the rest of the day and see you soon!
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Such a fun image and colored so nicely, especially the hair. I really have to practice on darker hair more. Great papers and your embellishments: gems and ribbon/bow. Have a terrific night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colored beautifully. I love the image and all those dots and stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Carla! This is beautiful! Great hair coloring, but what I really like is the way you colored the ribbon and bows on the package and in her hair! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great coloring Carla....the bow on the present looks like satin! Gorgeous card!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great colourcombination and super colouring!
    Thanks for taking the Time Out to join us, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those colours Carla,beautiful card!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really gorgeous, Carla! The color palette is yummy! Great design, and your coloring is so superb! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic colouring Carla!! She looks great with the dark hair which really pops against the turquoise, gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another incredible design, Carla! Gorgeous colour palette and amazing colouring! Just beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, your coloring looks great! I love the layout too. Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are soooo talented Carla!!! Love this card! Your coloring skills are amazing! Thanks for playing along with us over at Seize the Birthday! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You do such fabulous work with the MIC images! I especially love her hair!

    Wonderful card and a great design!

    ReplyDelete
  13. As I am watching more copic videos for tutorials I am so impressed and it awe of this card! Wow!! Beautifully colored! Thank you for sharing it with us at STB!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great colours and fabulous colouring. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla