Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Under the Sea

Hi there!  Happy Tuesday!  Did you think I'd disappeared again?  I did, kind of.  I ran out of all the cards I'd made before my surgery and haven't been able to sit very long to make more.  I did manage to put a card together to share today.  It's for a few challenges I like doing, one that was ending today.

Here is my card:


My card base and mats are SU Bermuda Bay and the patterned papers are all from the Webster's Pages Seaside Retreat Petite Papers pack.  The gorgeous image is Marina from Delicious Doodles.  It is also available in rubber and as a digi from Sweet Pea Stamps.  I printed the digi on MiC Blending Card and colored it with my Copics.  I added lots of Stickles (Aqua, Turquoise, Purple, Yellow and Red) and some Ice White Pearl pen accents. I machine-stitched two zig zags down the left panel.  A few Wild Orchid Crafts Cherry Blossoms, a simple bow and a metal fish charm finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the colored image:


Thanks for stopping by!  If I can stand a little more sitting later, I'll pop on by to visit.

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 #17 (sketch)
Delicious Doodles #92 (stitch it)
Creative Fingers Challenge #39 (anything goes)
The Squirrel and the Fox Challenge #72 (use something metal)
Delicious Doodles June FB Contest (anything goes with DD)
Sweet Pea Stamps Friends and Fans Art Contest (anything goes with SPS image)

Here is SSW2-17:
 

Have a great evening and see you soon!
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Hi Carla sorry to hear you've been unwell and had surgery and hope you're now on the road to a full recovery. I love your card what a lovely image and those design papers are to die for especially those wonderful colours and perfect embellishments. This is a great card and thanks so much for joining us this week over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW2~DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Gorgeous creation.. LOVE the pearls in her hair! Gorgeous coloring!!! Just beautiful!! I hope you are feeling better!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Delicious Doodles!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, DT Member @ Delicious Doodles
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}
    Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Carla this is absolutely stunning! What a gorgeous image and the rich colors of this card with your coloring and papers make it quite spectacular. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla, This is lovely. I love the pearls in the hair and your beautiful colors. Thanks for joining us.
    Hugs, Heide SSW2-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous take on that sketch! Really love the stitching! :^) Love your beautiful image & coloring, your papers, pearl pen and embellies! Fab card! :^)
    Hugs, Penny
    Hope you are feeling OK tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning as always! Thanks for joining at Creative Fingers: Anything Goes with Delicious Doodles
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's lovely Carla. I like all the little pearls touches and that cute fish charm. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pearls in her hair! Stunning! Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Fingers!

    Mei
    LTC DT
    Creative Fingers DT 

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla