Friday, May 1, 2015

Friday Coloring Challenge - The Outlawz

Good morning!  Happy Friday!  Hope you had a great week and you have some fun plans for the weekend! I've got nothing really special planned, but it is supposed to be a beautiful weekend, so I hope to get out and enjoy it!  I am here now to share my DT card for this week's Friday Coloring Challenge at The Outlawz site.  The theme this week is Cinco de Mayo, Mexican food/culture or the colors of the flag of Mexico."  Lots of possibilities!  You can use any coloring medium you'd like, but you must have a hand-colored image on your project to enter.

Here is my card:
 

I went with the colors of the Mexican flag for my card.  The card base and mats are SU Basic Black and the patterned papers are from the Graphic 45 The Magic of Oz collection.  The beautiful image is Red Poppy Fairy by Meredith Dillman, available from Sweet Pea Stamps.  I colored it with my Copics.  The sentiment is from Sharon at her A Piece of Heart blog. It was a Friday freebie many moons ago and I thought it went well with the image.  I didn't add any other embellishments so that the image could take center stage.

Here is a close-up of the colored image:


Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Friday Coloring Challenge and check out the gorgeous creations from Penny, Kathi and our two new teammies, Vannessa and Karen!  We hope you will play along.  For the month of May, we welcome back our fabulous sponsor, Sweet Pea Stamps, who are offering the lucky winner 3 digis of their choice from the Sweet Pea Stamps online store.


I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Addicted to Stamps #103 (flowers)
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge (anything goes)
Cute Card Thursday #371 (use a sentiment)
Creative Fingers Challenge #78 (anything goes)

Have a great day and see you tomorrow for a very special blog hop!
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful coloring, Carla! Your choice of pattern paper makes this image come alive! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Carla! Had time today to visit some of my favorite blogs and, as always, I was so happy that I got a change to see one of your fab creations. I love the color profile here because it reminds me of a tiffany lamp or stained glass window. The papers are beautiful!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful coloring and papers to back up that beautiful image. The sentiment is so very true. I hope you get to do something fun while enjoying your nice weather. I can't wait to get back out in the yard tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, Carla! Love your pretty image, fab coloring, and perfect DP & sentiment! Great use of the flag colors! :^)
    Hope your weekend is going great!
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, love that image and how you coloured it. Thank you for joining us.
    Greetings,
    Veerle DT member Addicted To Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous Carla and I love how you coloured her. Thank you so much for inviting me to join your team. So excited to be part of it with you.

    Hugs, Vannessa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla